Women really need to buckle down and take action on issues pertaining to their bodies. This week, Alabama’s Governor, sign into a law the strictest anti-abortion bill in the United States. Basically, no one can get an abortion not unless the girl or woman’s life is in danger. This means even through incest and rape, it is a crime punishable with a jail sentence. This is wrong in many ways.
1. On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the US Constitution provides a fundamental right to privacy that protects a pregnant woman’s liberty to choose whether or not to have an abortion. (Roe v. Wade). In this ruling, the right to privacy is not absolute and must be balanced against the government’s interest in protecting women’s health as well as prenatal life. The court also ruled that governments cannot prohibit abortions, at all, during the first trimester.
2. Prior to this, women had no rights to their own bodies. Look, women weren’t viewed as human beings, just property. They didn’t even have the right to vote until 1920 with the 19th Amendment, for white women and in the 1960s for African American women.
3. It is amazing to me, the attacks on women by other women. Yes, women do enjoy having sex but by choice and should be selective of their actions. But, so should men. However, many girls and women are made to have sex. Many wives are forced to have sex with their husbands even right after having a baby and not allowed the time to heal. Many are living according to the traditions that were passed down as well as any religious morals that they are taught pertaining to sex with their husbands. Let’s not even mention those children who are forcibly made to have sex at the hands of a predator or teen girls raped when going on a supposedly innocent date. Even women who are sexually assaulted now their rights to not have a pregnancy is being violated.
All girls and women, at least ages 8 and through menopause, will not have rights to their bodies. Don’t forget about those who will lose their lives when they realize that they have no say-so to their bodies and take matters into their own hands. They did this in the past and will do it again. I can go on and on but we need to see what is really happening here. Many insurance companies do not want to pay for women’s birth control pills. Many men do not want to wear condoms. The women will be responsible in finding the right means to protect herself from unwanted pregnancies even though she has no rights to her body. This is going to affect poor and lower-income girls and women more because of their inability to travel to places that legally perform abortions.
This is happening to girls and women in other countries. You are no freer in the United States. Stop this attack on girls and women now!
I hope everyone’s year is going as planned.This is my first serious post for 2019. I have been in thought for some time and decided to now speak. There are so many boundaries I must set first.
1. If things do not apply or interest you, then move on. It does not matter to me one way or another.
2. If you do not want to hear the things people are saying then don’t. There is no different when you comment about stuff out of your mouth.
3. Yes social media is not many people’s friend. I know about 75 to 80% of people on my friend list personally. Most of the time I only hear from 30% or less.
4. No bullying! No one is making you read my post or any other post. Hell, I have no problem with you deleting me. We do not talk anyway.
5. If I said I loved you yesterday I’m not going to keep saying it.
6. I supported many people on my friends list, however, I can count those on my hand who support me. Good job on pursuing your goals!
7. Do understand, if your life is perfect, you have no fault, keep your emotions to yourself or have trusted people to rely on, great these comments are not for you. These messages are for those who seek information or don’t have all of your great trait.
8. Your chain letters are not cool. Many bring viruses.
9. If you are a friend and need to talk, call me.
10. If you despise me don’t just like me or whatever, leave me alone.
Social media is a good thing for many people. There are people suffering in silence and need to talk to someone. We call people on ,Facebook, etc, friends because that is the only option available. These sites need to add names like “Associates”, “lover”, “somebody I met”, as options. There are too many things that are going on in our communities that need to be addressed but we spend too much time bullying each other. We talk too much crap about people that do follow us- ” if you don’t support me then I’m going to delete you” or “no one wants to hear you” or “she dumb” or “how about no matter what is wrong with you, you should be in class for exercise” I have supported people in many things only not to hear anything when I’m not well. My decision is support those who do not bully others. Yes, adults bully. That is where the children get it from. There are too many things that are going on that need to be addressed. No one has the time to be bullied by someone because they don’t attend your event or they’re not in your exercise class. So, if you don’t know what’s going on in people’s lives be careful of the energy that you’re putting out.
With that out the way, there is a thing that I will address this week ; government control -As we head towards another shutdown in less than two months time, what is being done to prepare? This made me think of going to exercise classes and supporting all of their causes. I like to know how often are those services given to those in your class? How many of those, who are not your friends, use those services? What do you do to take the time to learn who they are? I didn’t see any fundraisers going on for those affected by the government shutdown. It doesn’t mean there weren’t any, I just didn’t see any. What plans are in place? I’m interested in helping people become more self-sufficient. We need to learn how to grow fruits and vegetables. Seeds and plants can be obtained with food stamps. You can even purchase them from the dollar store. Convince your communities to incorporate gardening in empty lots if you do not have outside spaces for emergency gardening. Teach people how to prepare food for emergency purposes. How about having a community or civic league meeting learning how to can food or help with budgeting to put a little aside for emergencies. There are staples that should be in everyone’s house. We just became too vain for ourselves. You should always have an emergency kit – dry beans, rice, potatoes, peanut butter or whichever you eat, can goods (even though I don’t use them in my daily meals I do have them in my emergency kit) powder milk, can milk for emergency baby formula ( 1 can Carnation milk, 2 cans water, 1 tablespoon of dark karoun syrup. This makes a quart of formula). If you don’t want this, then don’t use it. This is for emergencies when you cant get formula! Just don’t let your baby starve. Some babies can also eat smashed bananas, eggs, potatoes and rice. Cloth diapers can be used when you cannot afford Pampers. Use safety pins and rubber pants. I know this is not the most liked idea but we are talking emergency. To clean these diapers dump any fecal matter, soak diapers in a solution of baking soda, peroxide and washing soda and whatever else like maybe bleach, wash the diapers and then rinse them. Then put in a pot to boil. Hang them up to dry. Learn how to make your own detergent and other needed items.
How about emergency daycare, of course with proof, for employees affected who have to work, even though they wont get paid. How about donation to school lunches. Not only children who parents are government workers will be affected, so will children who receive free lunches. This year, I plan on teaching a class for people to learn how to become more self-sufficient. We really need to learn how to build up our communities, especially during hard times. Instead of bullying and talking s*** to or about people, teach someone something you know. Not just those you know personally. If not, maybe you are the one who needs to shut up! Until next week…….
Okay, I finally noticed my first wrinkle. I was told that I should be wearing makeup this will hide the wrinkle. I never wore makeup, why start now? I gained some weight. I was told to go on a diet or go get gastric bypass surgery. I watched on TV, as a 20-something year-old, told me how to get smooth,young skin. We live in a sexist and ageist society. I am beautiful. The thing about it is, if you are lucky, you will get older. If you have illnesses, such as type 1 diabetes, gaining weight is a possibility due to need insulin. At age 59, my skin is very smooth and sensitive. Should not I be talking about skin care? We make any imperfection seem like a crime. Having a dangerous surgery has now become the new means of being slim and younger. So many young girls, women, and even men struggle with their images because of these things. Even people who have these so-called perfect things, suffered silently. Learn why your edges or hair is falling out as you get older. Could it possibly be menopause or some illness? I think we are fighting the wrong things and making people suffer because of their age or imperfections. I look forward to being an aging woman and feel I am still beautiful. How do you feel about yourself?
This blog will be a spin-off from my Facebook page -“Chocolate Bits & Things- Let’s talk about it. I have outgrown the old site and needed a place to continue to expand the knowledge base, for people of color. This blog is for mature audiences only! Topics to discussed will be mental illness, adults molested as children, gardening, health care, menopause, childbirth, breastfeeding, skin care, fitness, relationships, recipes/crafts, education, community building, spirituality and current events. If this is not for you, it’s ok. Just don’t visit to be nosy. I am a true earthen black mama who is always helping others tune into their most natural state while bringing harmony as well as balance to all areas in our lives. So please join us!
Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton